- 2009 Bar Exam (Vienna Bar Association)
- Universität Wien (Mag. iur. 2005, Dr. iur. 2008)
- Université de Franche-Comté Besancon (Erasmusstipendium 2005)
- Postgraduate Diploma EU Competition Law (King’s College London)
Anna was nominated for Women in Law’s ‘Lawyer of the Year 2021’ Award and is regarded as one of Austria’s leading employment law specialists by Chambers, The Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal, among others.
“She is available at any time and I will be well looked after in all matters,” adding: “She is extremely competent and very friendly and even in the most complicated case she gives me the feeling that we will find a good solution.” Chambers & Partners 2022
Dr. Anna Mertinz
Dr. Anna Mertinz heads the employment law practice at KWR Karasek Wietrzyk Rechtsanwälte GmbH (‘KWR’) and is well-known for her advisory work on all aspects of individual and collective labour law and her prowess as a strategic partner for her clients. Anna’s practice covers the entire spectrum of workplace law issues, such as:
- Ongoing management of employment to litigation,
- Pensions and fringe benefits
- Remuneration structures
- Overtime models
- Drafting contracts
- Concluding works agreements, and
- Implementing management and employee participation programs.
Anna specialises in collective bargaining agreements, working time arrangements, employee transfers, data protection, GDPR implementation assistance and GDPR compliance, with notable industry sector experience in retail and services, as well as expertise in matters at the intersection of employment and data protection law.
During her studies (2001 to 2005) she gained valuable professional experience, e.g. at Bank Austria Creditanstalt Vienna, 2001, as a legal assistant at two renowned Viennese law firms. Before joining KWR in 2013 Anna worked as Legal Counsel Austria & Slovenia at Coca-Cola HBC Austria GmbH from 2010-2013. She became a managing partner at KWR in 2017.