7. Best Practices
Tips, recommendations and common pitfalls.
- Be sure to have a clear policy with measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, based on the recommendations of the Generic Guide or the sectoral instructions. This will allow your company to reopen safely, assure your employees and clients, and prevent a fine or even a company closure by the social inspection.
- Involve the Health and Safety Committee and the expertise of the prevention advisors. If necessary, consult an external prevention service to provide the necessary expertise.
- When implementing measures, take into consideration the privacy rights of your employees and other limitations set by Belgian employment law.
- Enforce the prevention measures and communicate with employees about their fears in order to prevent or overcome issues with work refusals.
- If possible, allow your employees to telework and provide a clear telework policy.
- Show your employees that the company is doing everything in its power to create a safe workplace in order to create goodwill among the employees, to show flexibility as well as a positive attitude during the current crisis.