1. Emergency Measures
Decrees, orders or guidelines in effect and pertaining to reopening facilities.
- The declaration of the state of crisis, as well as all health measures in response to the pandemic have been introduced by means of the Amended Grand-Ducal Regulation of 18 March 2020. A consolidated version is being updated regularly, incorporating all amendments (first, the restrictions, and then the lifting of restrictions): http://legilux.public.lu/eli/etat/leg/rgd/2020/03/18/a165/consolide/20200529
- As of today, the following aspects are affected by the Regulation: limitations of groupings of people, measures concerning establishments open to public, limitation of economic activities, other protective measures, sanctions etc.
- Furthermore, a multitude of measures has been taken by the government in many different fields of law. A list of all labour law and COVID-19 related specific laws, regulations and amendments (only in French) can be found on our website: https://kleyrgrasso.com/covid-19/droit-du-travail/
- The state of crisis has been extended until 24 June 2020 included by the Law of 24 March 2020 : “Loi du 24 mars 2020 portant prorogation de l’état de crise déclaré par le règlement grand-ducal du 18 mars 2020 portant introduction d’une série de mesures dans le cadre de la lutte contre le COVID-19. ».
- Currently, the house of representatives is discussing two bills of “COVID-19 laws” which will supposedly confirm the end date of the state of crisis, by which some measures taken during the state of crisis are supposed to be either extended or even adopted permanently (such as leave for family reasons, etc.).
Optimal approach to keep track of the latest updates.
- All official communications from the government concerning COIVID-19 are published on this website (English version available):
- It contains all communications form the government, as well as extensive FAQ sections in English.
Further sources of information for updates include:
- Guichet, a government institution for administrative questions, has all the necessary information pages concerning Covid-19 measures (in English): https://guichet.public.lu/en/support/coronavirus.html
- The employment agency ADEM publishes a detailed FAQ about short-time work. ADEM: COVID-19 – Short-time working – FAQ (English)
- A list of all COVID-19-related laws, regulations, amendments, circulars etc. divided by field of law can be found on our website: https://kleyrgrasso.com/news/covid-19/
Ask our member firm KLEYR | GRASSO in Luxembourg
Please contact us on email@example.com if you would like to receive a pdf version of this page.