1. Emergency Measures
Decrees, orders or guidelines in effect and pertaining to reopening facilities.
- The state of alarm was declared on 14 March 2020 through Royal Decree 463/2020, of March 14, which restricted the free movement of people and the closure of venues and businesses. Nowadays, the state of alarm has been extended until June 21th, 2020. All restrictions are being progressively eliminated through the “Plan for the Transition to a New Normality (divided into 4 stages). The different stages are regulated in the following Orders:
- Order SND/388/2020 of May 3rd establishes the conditions for some business and services to open to the public, as well as for the practice of professional and federated sport during Stage 0. https://www.boe.es/eli/es/o/2020/05/03/snd388.
- Order SND/399/2020 of May 9th for the easing of certain national restrictions established after the declaration of the alarm status during Stage 1 of the Plan for the transition to a new normality. https://www.boe.es/eli/es/o/2020/05/09/snd399
- Order SND/414/2020 of May 16th, entered into force for the easing of certain national restrictions established following the declaration of the alarm state during Stage 2 of the Plan for the transition to a new normality. https://www.boe.es/eli/es/o/2020/05/16/snd414
- On June 6, 2020, Order SND/507/2020 was published, amending various orders to make certain national restrictions more flexible and to establish territorial units progressing to Stage 2 and 3 of the Plan for the transition to a new normality. https://www.boe.es/eli/es/o/2020/06/06/snd507.
Optimal approach to keep track of the latest updates.
The Government website publishes the most up-to-date news related to Covid19: https://www.lamoncloa.gob.es/covid-19/Paginas/index.aspx
- In addition, it is possible to see the latest news regarding unemployment benefits for employees affected by an ERTE in the SEPE webpage: http://www.sepe.es/HomeSepe/COVID-19.html
- On the following link it is possible to see the latest regulations and orders published in Spain: https://www.boe.es/biblioteca_juridica/codigos/codigo.php?id=355&modo=2¬a=0&tab=2
Ask our member firm Suárez de Vivero in Spain
Please contact us on email@example.com if you would like to receive a pdf version of this page.