Meet the members of our Latin America focus group
- Member of Colombian Labour Bar Association
- Member of the Committee of Labor Lawyers of ACRIP
- Member of International Bar Association
- Member of Javeriana Bar Association
- Lawyer from Pontificia Javeriana University (2001).
- Specialist in Labour and Social Security Law from Pontificia Javeriana University (2004).
- Governor of the Colombian Bar Association of Labour Lawyers (Period 2017-2018).
- Board of Directors of the Colombian Labour Bar Association, 2019 and 2022.
- Member of the Colombian Delegation to the 108th Session of the International Labour Conference.
- Chambers & Partners 2022 – Band 3 in Labor Law and Social Security – Recognized since 2018.
- INTERNATIONAL BAR ASSOCIATION. Employment and Industrial Relations Law. Newsletter of the International Bar Association Legal Practice Division. “Impact of the final peace agreement executed between the Colombian Government and FARC-EP on Colombian Labour Law”. Author: Alejandro Castellanos López. International Bar Association. (Vol. 27, April 2017)
- LEGIS PUBLISHERS. Journal of Labour and Social Security News. “Petition for direct reparations for full compensation of damages for harassment at work against public employees.” Authors: Juan Pablo López Moreno and Alejandro Castellanos López (ISSN 0123-9899 No. 209. Legis Publishers. Bogotá, September-October 2018).
- TIRANT LO BLANCH, “Labour GPS, Professional Guide” published by Tirant lo Blanch, Editorial Group. Bogotá, Colombia. Co-author. (2019)
- COLOMBIAN LABOUR BAR ASSOCIATION, Social Law, “Labour Judicial Process Online: Decree 806 of 2020” Authors: Alejandro Castellanos López and Nicolás Rueda Cotes, No. 70, November 2021. Of Colombia, “Extraordinary Appeals in Labour Law.” Colombian Labour Bar Association. Co-author (2020).
Alejandro Miguel Castellanos López
Alejandro has developed important skills in the definition of legal defense strategies at a national level in Labour and Social Security Law for companies in various economic sectors. During his professional career in the firm, Alejandro has focused his skills in attending judicial proceedings, which has allowed him to consolidate an area that manages more than 13,000 active processes. Currently, as Director of the area, he is in charge of defining judicial defense strategies and, along with his team, he represents companies in individual, collective and social security labour law before the ordinary labor jurisdiction and the contentious-administrative jurisdiction.
Publications from Colombia
- Member of Colombian Labour Bar Association since 2001
- Member of Board of Directors of the Labour Bar Association in different periods (currently Member of Board of Directors of the Labour Bar Association (2021-2022)
- Member of several associations such as International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member of Women’s Law network WLN
- Representative of López & Asociados in the Gender Equity Committee of ANDI
- Lawyer from Externado of Colombia University (Class 110) (1996).
- Specialist in Contract Law and Legal Business Relations from Externado of Colombia University (2001).
- Master’s Degree in Labour and Social Security Law from Rey Juan Carlos University. Spain (2018)
- Master’s Degree in Labour and Social Security Law from Pontificia Javeriana University (2020).
- Chambers & Partners – 2022 – Band 3 in Labor Law and Social Security- Recognized since 2012.
- Chambers Angelica Carrión
- Legal 500 2022 – Leading Individuals / Recognized as a “Leading Individual” in the 2022 directory.
- CHAMBERS & PARTNERS. Law and practice Colombia for Global Practice Guide Employment published by Chambers and partners (2019).
- LEGIS. Biosecurity measures the challenge of the post-covid reopening in Colombia for Labour and Social Security News from Legis Journal (2020).
- INESEM BUSINESS SCHOOL. Strike and Democratic Rules published online by INESEM Business School (2020).
Angélica María Carrión Barrero
In her professional career of more than 24 years, Angélica has developed a flexible work style that allows her to support diverse teams and in different sectors, with the ability to listen and respond diligently, proactively seeking solutions that meet the interests of the parties and in general to exercise her activity within the highest ethical standards, always putting the best effort to achieve the proposed objectives. Since 2006, she has led processes in important transactions with national and international impact, which have allowed her to consolidate a strategic vision focused on the client. In her role, she is in charge of providing legal, strategic and practical guidelines to offer a Labour counselling service of highest quality, guaranteeing timely attention to our clients.
Publications from Colombia
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- International Bar Association (IBA), former Co-Chair of the Employment and Industrial Relations Law Committee
- Global Employment Institute of the International Bar Association, Vice-Chair for Multinationals
- Mexican Institute of Finance Executives (IMEF) and former Co-President of the Human Capital Committee
- Universidad Panamericana, Law Degree
- Universidad Panamericana L.L.M. Labor Law
- Who’s Who Legal recognized him as one of the Top Ten Most Experienced and Recognized Labor Attorneys in the world and the only Mexican on the list in 2012.
- Who’s Who Legal named him as in Best Lawyers Mexico edition in 2014 and 2015.
- Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA) list of recommended lawyers for 2015.
- Chambers Latin America, as one of the Leading Lawyers in Labor Law in Mexico.
He has written several articles on labor law. Many such articles have been featured in international publications including Who’s Who Legal, Practical Law Company (PLC) and Getting the Deal Through.
Oscar De La Vega Gomez
Oscar De La Vega is an employment and labour law attorney with over 30 years of experience and leadership in the sector. His practice is focused on labour litigation and consulting for major multinational companies, and developing and implementing successful strategies in collective labour. He was one of the most influential labour experts involved with amending the New Mexican Labour Law Act, a reform to the Federal Labour Law that had not seen such significant changes in more than 40 years.
Publications from Mexico
- Member of the City of Buenos Aires Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the International Bar Association.
– Universidad de Buenos Aires – Lawyer
– Master in Business Law from Universidad Torcuato Di Tella
– Postgraduate Labor Law courses at University of Buenos Aires and Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina
- Chambers Latin America 2022 – Band 4 – Labour & Employment
- Legal 500 in 2022 – Tier 3 – Labour & Employment
Mr. Grandi joined Allende & Brea in 2000 while still a student. He obtained his law degree from the University of Buenos Aires in 2001 and was admitted to the bar in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 2001.
In 2007 he has completed the LLM degree in Law & Economics at University Torcuato Di Tella. At the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina he has completed an annual postgraduate labour law course and another postgraduate labour law courses at Pontifica Universidad Católica Argentina. He became a partner at the firm in January 2014.
Nicolas specializes in general labour advice to international and local companies. He is an expert on labour and commercial litigation, including complex litigation and arbitration. His practice includes labour agreements and general labour advice on minimizing labour related risks and costs, as well as transfer of employees. He has also advised banking clients in negotiating severance packages to personnel and executives, as well as analyzing the contingencies within the framework of labour law in M&A. Mr. Grandi has also advised companies on high executives’ contracts, management compensation, bonus plans and dismissal agreements.
Member of APDT (São Paulo State Academy of Labor Law)
- LL.M. in International Business Law from Faculdade Católica Portuguesa, Portugal, 2010.
- Specialized degree in Labor from PUC-SP (Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo), 2006.
- Graduate of the Law School of Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, 2003.
Internationally recommended by the legal guide Latin Lawyer 250. Gabriela is also LACCA Approved: Latin America’s leading private practitioner for Labor.
With seventeen years of experience in the Labour and Employment area, Gabriela specialises in preventive legal advice, assisting clients with issues related to hiring and compensation structures, incentive plans, benefits, internal policies, health and safety aspects, termination of contracts, negotiations of collective bargaining agreements, and labour and employment compliance matters.
In the Immigration area, her practice encompasses strategies for hiring foreigners to work in Brazil and Brazilians to work abroad, including work visas/residency permits and other regulatory requirements. Gabriela also represents clients in labour due diligence and investigation processes.
Publications from Brazil
Peruvian Society of Labour Law and Social Security
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, School of Law (2002)
- Master’s in Constitutional Law, School of Graduate Studies, Catholic University of Peru (2013)
- Chambers & Partners 2022 – Band 4 – Employment
- Legal 500 in 2022 – Tier 2 – Employment
- Awarded as “Excellent” in Leaders League for 2023
César Puntriano is a leading lawyer focused on employment matters in Peru and he is regarded as the go-to expert by clients to advise on migration issues and labour disputes. He also specialises in individual and collective labour relations, safety and health at work regulations and is a recognised trial attorney before the Labour Courts. César is also an arbitrator accredited in collective bargaining by the Ministry of Labour.
As a regular contributor to newspapers, radio and TV programs, César frequently speaks on employment issues at conferences and round tables. He is currently a professor at ESAN Business Law School, ESAN University and San Martín de Porres University.
Publications from Peru
- The Dominican Bar Association
- MJ of Labour and Employment, Tulane University Law School, 2020-current
- LLM on Finance, Technological Institute of Santo Domingo, 2020
- Bachelor of Laws, Mother and Teacher Pontifical Catholic University, Santo Domingo, 2005
Chambers & Partners 2022 – Band 3 – Employment
Angelina Salegna Bacó
Angelina Salegna Bacó is the Managing Partner of Sánchez & Salegna, overseeing the management and client services of the firm. Highly regarded in labour and employment, including labour litigation, Angelina takes a pragmatic approach to law, following her vast experience as a manager and entrepreneur.
Publications by Angelina Salegna Bacó
Chambers & Partners 2022 – Band 3 – Labour and Employment
Legal 500 in 2022 – Tier 2 – Employment
- “I have my own equipment and pay for my utilities”: The light and the dark of the reform on home office
17 January 2022
- 3-2-2 work model, the trend for getting around the home office reform
12 January 2022
- We talk about the reality of teleworking
28 December 2021
- Voluntary mapping of Covid vaccination in companies is proposed
21 October 2021
- The XXXIII Symposium organized by the IMEF 2021 is a complete success
24 September 2021
- What is the trend on contract salary reviews in the upcoming months?
17 September 2021
- Teleworking, 9 months after the reform; is it good for companies? By Jimena Sánchez
13 September 2021
Jimena Adriana Sánchez Argoytia
Graduated as a lawyer from the Universidad Iberoamericana; has a profound professional experience specializing in litigation, coordination of correspondents and mass terminations. She has represented national and multinational companies before the labor authorities and currently collaborates at De La Vega & Martínez Rojas, S.C.
Publications from Mexico
- Labor and Safety Committee of the Chilean Construction Chamber
- Chilean Bar Association since 1993
- Law Degree, Universidad de Chile, Law School, 1993
- Academy of American and International Law, through the International and Comparative Law Center, Dallas, USA, 2000
- Seminar on International Labor Standards, given by the International Training Center of the ILO, April 2002
- Diploma on Labor Law, Universidad de Chile, 2003
- Outstanding lawyer for more than 10 consecutive years in the Labour and Employment area by Chambers Latin America
- Leading Labor Lawyer for 8 consecutive years, The Legal 500 Latin America
- Leading Labor Lawyer, Best Lawyers 2022
- Recognised lawyer in the Labor area, LACCA (Latin American Corporate Counsel Association) Approved 2023
Ricardo joined Cariola Díez Pérez-Cotapos in 1995 and became a partner in 2007. He heads the Labour Group and has specialized in labour, pensions and immigration matters, and has served as legal counsel in:
- Collective bargaining processes
- Structuring of compensation packages
- Stock options programs
- Labour aspects of the restructuring of companies
- Subcontracting of services
- Labour audits to prevent conflicts
- Trainer to managers and HR personnel, and
- Designed the labour structure for new companies
He is also a key player in labour trials.
Law Degree, Universidad de Los Andes, Facultad de Derecho, 2006.
- Recognised lawyer as “Next Generation Partner” in Labour and Employment Law, The Legal 500 – 2023.
- Outstanding Senior Associate “Rising Stars” in Labour and Employment Law, The Legal 500 (2020, 2021 and 2022).
- Recognised as lawyer in the Best Lawyers “Labour and Employment Law” 2022 and 2023.
- Recognised as “Best Labour and Immigration Lawyer in Chile” under 45 by Leading Lawyers 2022, Idealis Legal Recruitment.
Bárbara joined the firm in 2011 and has been a partner since 2022. Her practice is mainly focused on providing legal advice to companies on diverse topics, such as assisting in collective bargaining processes, structures of compensation for executives, restructuring due to closure of productive processes and/or corporate modifications, and outsourcing. For these purposes, she carries out preventive labour audits, trains managers and personnel in the area of human resources and prepares documentation and employment structure for new companies. She also provides support to the firm’s litigation department in labour trials.
She also focuses her practice on international immigration, advising international and local companies on expats employees’ mobility from and into the country. She provides immigration advice to multiple companies operating in a wide range of industries sectors, including financial services, retail, banking, technology, IT, among others. Her client portfolio includes large companies such as Maersk, Coca Cola, ERM Group, International Trademark Association, DNB Group, Adidas Chile, Furukawa Electric, Maersk, Alitalia, among others.
Barbara provides advice and assessment employers on the available visa or work permit needed for expatriated employee’s either in the Country or before Consular authorities abroad. She counsels employers providing full assistance including not only immigration matters but an overall law, social security and tax analysis to assess the best hiring option for each case that international mobility may arise. Her expertise also includes advising clients permanent residency options.
Since immigration law is currently experiencing important changes, her services are dedicated and constantly updated to face an ever-changing migratory scenario.