- Association for Employment Law (VvA)
- Association for Public Service Law (Vereniging Ambtenaar & Recht)
- Kroniek Arbeidsrecht 2020
Welke looncomponenten tellen mee voor de berekening van de transitievergoeding?
- Kroniek 2019 – Arbeidsrechtelijke ontwikkelingen op een rij
Arbeidsrechtelijke wijzigingen per 1 januari 2019 en vooruitblik
- Kroniek Arbeidsrecht 2018
- +31 203 446 109
Prins Hendriklaan 17
+31 203 446 100
- Dutch, Arabic, English, French
Nadia Adnani has been with Palthe Oberman since May 2011. Nadia is concerned with all aspects of employment law and public service law. She assists Dutch and international organisations as well as employees and public servants.
She advises and conducts legal proceedings on matters such as individual and collective redundancies, reorganisations, workplace privacy, and employment contracts (competition clauses, study costs clauses, etc.).
Nadia is involved in the work of War Child and the Najib Amhali Foundation. She also provides guidance in the prestigious programme The Boardroom of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. In addition, Nadia regularly writes blogs on employment law topics, provides workshops, and has collaborated on the book ‘The Influence of Dismissal.’
Nadia graduated in the fields of Private Law and International & European Law from the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam and has a broad legal background. Before she started practicing as a lawyer, Nadia worked for the Education Centre of the Vrije Universiteit as a coordinator in the Diversity and Study Success Department.
Publications by Nadia Adnani
Madrid Bar Association (1986)
Active member and participant at FORELAB: The Spanish Labour Lawyers Forum is an independent association of any political party, employer association or trade union, formed by leading lawyers and jurists in the area of Labour Law, representing Spanish labour lawyers, providing a meeting place that allows them to exchange professional experiences, as well as analysing the evolution of labour relations in Spain.
Member of the FIDE foundation: a legal-economic think-tank based in Madrid, Spain, where professionals from the top management of big corporations, partners from law firms, university experts, judges from the courts of justice, public administration leaders, lawyers and economists, meet on a daily basis.
- Chambers & Partners (Band 3)
- Best Lawyers
- The Legal 500
Mrs. Albert has authored several legal publications in Expansión, and Cinco Días, national newspaper on Labour Law. She has also written in the Anuario Laboral (Editorial Wolters Kluwer).
- +34 911 922 907
Calle General Diaz Porlier nº 57, 1A
+34 911 922 907
- Spanish, Catalan, English
Pilar Albert obtained her law degree at the University San Pablo CEU of Madrid in 1986. She has also completed an LLM in Human Resources Direction at IDE-CESEM.
She started her professional career in the law firm Estudio Legal and headed the labour law area at Deloitte, Abogados and Araoz & Rueda. Pilar was Human Resources Director at UNED. She joined Suarez de Vivero in April 2018.
Pilar provides legal advice to local and international clients on:
- Labour and employment law
- Employment contracts
- Collective agreements negotiations
- Corporate restructuring
- M&A labour implications (business transfer, outsourcing and sub-contracting of activities)
- Employment benefits
- Due diligence reports
- Individual and collective employee terminations (redundancy procedure)
- Employment litigation
- Industrial disputes
- Social security
- Local, national and European works councils
- Trade union recognition procedures and elections
- Occupational health & safety matters.
She also has extensive experience in representing clients in court and in the negotiation of out-of-court settlements and is comfortable in global, multinational and multidisciplinary environment.
Publications from Spain
Admission to the German bar since 2005
- 2000-2003: PhD thesis on remuneration claims in accordance with § 1155 ABGB in labor disputes, Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck
- 2003-2005: Legal training at the District Court Wiesbaden
- 2005: Secondment to WestLB AG, London Branch
- 2005-2008: Lawyer at Faegre & Benson LLP, Frankfurt am Main
- 2008-2010: Corporate Counsel Labor & Employment EMEA at Avaya Germany GmbH
- 2010-2011: Lawyer at Squire, Sanders & Dempsey (US) LLP, Frankfurt am Main
- 2011-2019: Partner at Baker Tilly Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, Frankfurt am Main
- 2019: Partner at Pusch Wahlig Workplace Law, Frankfurt/Main
Dr. Alexander Lorenz
- +49 693487 6390
Bockenheimer Landstraße 51-53
Frankfurt am Main
+49 693487 6390
- German, English
Dr. Alexander Lorenz’ legal practice encompasses all matters of individual employment law and collective employment law. His areas of expertise are focused on restructurings and the reorganisation of companies including insolvency labor law as well as the development of modern employment and remuneration systems.
Furthermore, another focus of his work are works constitution law, the European Works Council and drafting and negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
He is a frequent speaker at HR conferences.
Publications from Germany
Admitted to the Norwegian Bar Association
- University of Oslo (Master of Law)
- Kings College, London (Postgraduate Diploma, EU Law)
Kari Bergeius Andersen regularly publishes on a variety of employment law topics.
Kari Bergeius Andersen
- +47 951 487 21
St Olavs gate 27
+47 220 170 50
- Norwegian, English, German
Mrs. Kari Bergeius Andersen advises national and international companies on all aspects of employment law related issues connected to reorganisations and restructuring processes, collective dismissals and individual and collective employment disputes. She also regularly represents employees and organisations.
She is personally recommended in the guides “Chambers and Partners” and “Legal 500” where in 2022, she was described as follows: “a very strong litigator who stands her ground.”
Publications from Norway
- jur., University of Oslo, 2004
- M, European and Commercial Law, The University of Sheffield (England), 2004
- Co-author of commentary edition Arbeidsrett.no, 2021
- Commentary on the Labour Disputes Act, Cappelen Damm Akademisk, 2021
- +47 957 496 76
St. Olavs gate 27
+47 957 496 76
- Norwegian, English, German
Håkon Andreassen specialises in collective and individual labour law, as well as personal data and privacy issues. He assists private and public actors both with advice in negotiations and as a legal assistant in disputes. He has extensive experience with reorganisations and downsising, business transfers, staff conflicts, dismissals, notification cases, privacy and pension-related issues.
Håkon’s background includes the establishment and interpretation of collective agreements and related procedures. He also counsels foreign companies on matters of pay and working conditions and the secondment of employees. Head of privacy networks for managers and for legal director networks, Håkon joined Helmr as a partner in 2020.
- Admitted to the Paris Bar in 2000.
- University of Paris (Master in Private Law, 1997).
Recognised by Chambers & Partners 2022: “Florence Aubonnet draws praise for her solid employment practice, regularly advising on the employment aspects of strategic cross-border M&A transactions.”
- L’intérêt à agir du CSE contre une décision de l’Autorité de la concurrence – (CE, 9 mars 2021, no 433214) – Bulletin Joly Sociétés – mai 2021 – n° 5
- Setting up a special negotiating body in the context of a SE, Human Capital and Labour Law, Leaders League 2021
- Restructuring your firm: labor law aspects (Written in 2000 with Laurent Gamet).
- +33 156 623 000
66 avenue d’Iéna
+33 156 623 000
- French, English
Florence Aubonnet is a specialist in all collective aspects of labour law, particularly in the area of restructuring in the industrial sector.
She guides and advises international and French groups from the preliminary stages of defining the restructuring plan and preparing the documents to present to the works council, through the consultation process, to the implementation of the project.
She also guarantees their defense in the event of litigation at the consultation stage or beyond. Florence is also involved in merger-acquisitions and provides the buyer with assistance in the due diligence phase as well as in the building of their future organization.
- Florence is a member of the American Bar Association
- Florence was admitted to the Paris Bar in 2009
- Leading individual – Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Recognised since 2020 in The Best Lawyers in France Labour and Employment Law
- Recommended by The Legal 500 EMEA
- Nominated for the “HEC Lawyer” prize in 2017
- Florence published an article on corporate agreement templates in Liaisons sociales n° 81 Les Thématiques de Septembre 2020.
- +33 156 627 533
66 avenue d’Iéna
+33 156 623 000
- French, English
Florence Bacquet specialises in advising international companies on collective labour law issues: staff representative bodies, collective status, group disputes and litigation with major financial implications. She also advises on restructurings and transfer of undertakings.
A member of the American Bar Association, Florence, who is bilingual, graduated from the École des hautes études commerciales de Paris (HEC Paris); she holds two Masters degrees (business and tax law, labour law) from the Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne.
Florence began to practice with Joël Grangé’s labour law team at Gide Loyrette Nouel in 2007, and joined Flichy Grangé Avocats in 2009. She is actively involved with the firm’s work on legal aspects of the latest digital and information technologies.
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE)
- Canadian Institute Advisory Board on Labour and Employment Law
- The Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- International Bar Association
- Call to the Bar, Ontario – 1991
- Bachelor of Laws, Dalhousie University
- Bachelor of Commerce, Dalhousie University
Toronto-based Robert Bayne is a well-known employment lawyer who represents clients in the hospitality, retail and manufacturing sectors. Alongside providing advice on legislative reform, he is also accomplished in labour relations and collective bargaining. “Robert is skilled, knowledgeable and personable. He provides sound and reasonable legal advice.” “He is outstanding. Rob is a real expert and I rely on him for strategy.” – Chambers Canada 2022
Robert B. Bayne
- +1 416 408 5524
Bay Adelaide Centre
333 Bay Street
Suite 2500 Box 44
+1 416 408 5524
Robert Bayne has been a partner of the firm since 1996. Rob advises employers on all aspects of labour and employment law. Rob provides services to a broad range of private sector companies including those in retail, hospitality, manufacturing, logistics and publishing.
Rob received his Bachelor of Commerce from Dalhousie University in 1985. He then worked in human resources and production management with an Ontario manufacturing company prior to attending law school. He graduated from Dalhousie Law School in 1989. Rob frequently speaks on labour and employment law issues to employers, human resource professionals and student groups, and has lectured on labour and employment law at Ryerson University and the University of Toronto.
Rob has presented papers on Ontario labour law reform at Ontario Bar Association conferences and other continuing legal education events. Rob is a member of the Advocacy Committee of the Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers and the Canadian Institute Advisory Board on Labour and Employment Law. Rob chairs the firm’s Labour Arbitration Moot Programmes at Queens University, the University of Toronto and the University of Guelph.
Publications by Robert B. Bayne
- Bar Council of Delhi
- International Bar Association
- B.A. LLB (Hons) from the National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata
- Recommended employment lawyer in India by Chambers Asia Pacific Rankings since 2011
- Silicon India Rankings: Top 25 legal consultants for IT sector in India (2014)
- ACQ5 Global Awards 2014 – Rising Star (India)
- CorporateINTL Global Legal Award for 2014 and 2015
- +91 804 072 6600
#11 Vittal Mallya Road
#101, 1st Floor, "Embassy Classic"
+91 804 072 6600
- Hindi, Bengali, English
Avik leads the Employment Law Practice Group of IndusLaw. Avik is an alumnus of the National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS) and is well known for his employment law expertise across all industry sectors. Avik is also very well regarded for his strategic advice to the legal and HR functions of multinational corporations in relation to employment risk mitigation/management and related best practices in Indian markets. While Avik’s work primarily revolves around all facets of employment law, he also frequently advises and assists foreign corporations in entering Indian markets and setting up their local operations across India, especially with reference to compliance with local labour legislations. Prior to IndusLaw, Avik had the benefit of working both with an in-house team of one of India’s largest technology companies as well as with one of the largest full-service law firms in Bangalore, wherein he established their employment law practice. Avik has been ranked by Chambers and Partners, since 2011, as one of India’s highly recommended employment lawyers.
Publications by Avik Biswas
- Admitted to the German Bar Association
- Certified labour and employment law specialist (2010)
- Member of the labour law working group in the German Lawyer Association, the European Employment Lawyers Association and the German Labour Court Association
- Listed by Best Lawyers since 2015
- Listed by The Legal 500 since 2018
- Listed by Chambers since 2013
- +49 221 476 7100
Im Mediapark 8
+49 221 476 7100
- German, English
Verena Braeckeler-Kogel is a partner at Pusch Wahlig Workplace Law based in Cologne, Germany.
Verena’s legal practice encompasses all matters of individual and collective labour law. She has particular experience in advising national and international clients in the fields of M&A transactions, restructuring including collective redundancies, plant closures and relocations as well as transfer of undertakings. Another focus of her work is the advice on day-to-day labour law matters. She has particular expertise in the bank and financial service sector, where she also has experience in drafting and implementing remuneration strategies and plans, against the background of regulatory requirements.
Verena joined Pusch Wahlig Workplace Law as a partner in 2018. Before joining the firm, she was the head of the German employment law practice of Simmons & Simmons LLP. Verena gained inhouse experience through a six-month secondment as legal counsel of a US insurer where she built up the German legal department.
Publications by Verena Braeckeler-Kogel
Admission to the German Bar, 2008
- 2004: PhD thesis supervised by Prof. Dr. Dauner-Lieb, University of Cologne on: „The system of employee participation directives – base for a European works constitution?“
- 1998-2004: Study of Law at the Justus-Liebig-Universiy Gießen, the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf and the University of Cologne
- 2019 – present: Partner at Pusch Wahlig Workplace Law, Dusseldorf
- 2009-2019: Lawyer at ARQIS Rechtsanwälte, partner since 2014
- 2008: Lawyer at Küttner Rechtsanwälte
Dr. Tobias Brors, LL.M.
+49 211 528 7450
- German, English
Dr. Tobias Brors advises national and international corporations and groups of companies on all matters of individual and collective labor law and on data protection law. He has particular experience with restructurings and digitisation projects. Another focus of his work is dealing with works councils, litigation and representation in conciliation committee proceedings.
Dr. Tobias Brors is a frequent speaker on labor law issues, he gives for instance lectures for the Management Circle. He also regularly publishes articles relating to his field of expertise. Furthermore, he is a member of the European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA) as well as the International Bar Association (IBA).
Publications from Germany
- +32 264 405 11
Avenue Louise 221
+32 264 405 11
- English, Dutch, French
Gautier Busschaert is attorney at Van Olmen & Wynant, specialised in employment law.
Before joining Van Olmen & Wynant in 2013, Gautier was a teaching assistant at his Alma Mater in the Department for European and international law from 2011 to 2013.
Gautier is fluent in French and English and has a good knowledge of Dutch. He was admitted to the Brussels Bar in 2013.
Gautier graduated from the University of Louvain (UCL, 2005) and obtained a Masters in European Law from the University of Brussels (ULB, 2006). He holds a PhD in law from the University of Leicester which he obtained in 2014. In 2022 he teaches European labour law to the master students in law at the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
Gautier is a member of the European Employment Lawyers Association, regularly publishes in both national and international law reviews and is a national contributor to the “European Employment Law Cases” (EELC) review.