FWTA Seminar: Criminal Record Checks
Employers frequently use pre-employment background checks to screen job candidates for suitability; however, the use of background checks is a complicated area, given human rights and privacy protections. Ontario’s new Police Record Checks Reform Act, 2015, has further complicated the procedure for obtaining criminal record checks. Having a solid understanding of background check best practices can help employers to avoid common pitfalls.
Please join us on Thursday October 27, 2016 for a seminar on background check best practices and how to avoid commonly encountered problems with employee background checks, including police and criminal record checks and credit history checks.
This seminar will discuss how and when employers may conduct background checks. We will provide you with practical tips on implementing a background check system, including helpful lists of Do’s and Don’ts.
The session will take place at our Toronto offices. Breakfast will be served. If you are unable to attend in person, you can also view the seminar online through Webex.
If you require more information regarding the seminar, please email email@example.com
- Date: Thursday, October 27, 2016
- Time: 8:00 a.m. – Breakfast, 8:30 a.m. – Presentation (The presentation will be no longer than 1.5 hours.)
- Location: 333 Bay Street, Suite 2500, Toronto
- Cost: Free
- RSVP by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 14th:
- To register to attend in person, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To register to view online via Webex, please click HERE.