Germany: New Version of the Covid 19 Occupational Health and Safety Ordinance for the upcoming fall and winter
Employers can expect the following measures:
- Mandatory implementation of hygiene concepts adapted to the specific situation.
- Keep distance, observe hygiene, ventilate regularly.
- Reduction of physical contact in the workplace, rooms should not be shared.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory if contact reduction measures cannot be implemented or are not sufficient.
- Employers should evaluate if they can offer working from home and testing opportunities.
- The employer needs to inform the employees about the risk of an infection and the vaccination opportunities and must allow employees to get vaccinated during working time.
- The mandatory Covid 19 measures in the workplace are less severe than in previous years. Nonetheless, employers now need to update their hygiene concepts and must keep monitoring the situation.