- AGI, Italian Employment Lawyers Association (AGI – Avvocati Giuslavoristi Italiani)
- AIDP, Italian HR Managers Association (AIDP – Associazione Italiana per la Direzione del Personale)
- EELA (European Employment Lawyers Association)
- ABA (American Bar Association)
- IBA (International Bar Association)
- AELC (American Employment Law Council)
- Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy, 1987, J.D., (magna cum laude)
- Admitted to practice law in Italy, 1992
- Admitted to practice before the Italian Supreme Court, 2004
Legalcommunity Labour Awards:
- “Industrial Relations Lawyer of the Year” in 2021, 2013 and 2012
- “Best Lawyer of the Year for Restructuring” in 2020
- “Best Lawyer of the Year” in 2017, 2015 and 2014
Le Fonti Awards:
- “Employment Lawyer of the Year” in 2021 and 2018
“He is incredibly skilled and extremely tough: he drives the process forward with his focused and results-oriented attitude.”
“A fantastic lawyer who is of a very high quality with long-term vision and business acumen.”
“Aside from his legal skill, he offers a strategy on how to approach any single matter.”
“He has extensive knowledge of company reorganisation and downsizing, he advises clients on industrial relations matters as well as representing them in negotiations. He also has a wealth of experience representing leading corporates in litigation relating to breaches of non-competition obligations and unfair dismissals.”
Who’s Who Legal has included Angelo Zambelli among the four “Most Highly Regarded” lawyers on the Italian territory with regard to Labour, Employment & Benefits.
“A pre-eminent name in the Italian labour, employment and benefits market and boasts outstanding experience relating to agency agreements and restructuring. He sits among the very elite of labour and employment specialists in Italy and is praised for his speediness, efficiency and straightforward approach.”
“A greatly respected figure in the region whom sources praise for his capacity for understanding the issue and risks, reformulating the problem and finding solutions with a minimum of risk to reach the goals; very flexible, efficient and highly competent, the absolute best in the country.”
“Highly esteemed for his efficiency in dealing with highly complex workplace problems and his strong business acumen.”
“With a stellar reputation, he is one of the very top practitioners in the field and the best for pensions and employment law; a standout in the Italian market, noted as an expert negotiator when it comes to benefits and compensation packages.”
– Who’s Who Legal
Angelo Zambelli has been included in the Hall of Fame of The Legal 500 for several years.
“Undoubtedly a recognized professional and known in the national legal community, who unlike others has a strong strategic vision and a distinctive standing in the field of executive relations.”
– The Legal 500
“One of the most experienced and respected professionals in the field of industrial relations. He is capable of providing top-level assistance owing to a very high level of legal expertise and great experience in particularly complex transactions.”
“A champion of labour, highly specialized in restructuring and corporate reorganization.”
“Great in bargaining, speech very effective. Top in advising executives and employers; strong litigator.”
– Legalcommunity Labour Awards
“He confirms himself as the most accredited Italian labour lawyer, in the elite of the brightest and most competent Italian lawyers tout court. For his direct approach to clients and his ability to manage the most complex industrial and trade union relations, also dealing with reorganisation plans for national and international companies.”
“He is the expression of the contemporary employment lawyer, able to succeed in all employment law, industrial relations and employment litigation matters as well as to cooperate in drafting national collective agreements.”
“He assists the main Italian company groups and multinational companies without forgetting the outreach activities.”
– Le Fonti Awards
As a further aid to businesses in preventing possible disputes, Angelo Zambelli has published the following reference books:
- Author, “International Labour and Employment Compliance Handbook” – Italian Section, International Bar Association and Wolters Kluwer, Ninth Edition (2012 – 2021), 2021
- Author, “Italy: Employment & Labour Law Q&A” – The Legal 500 and The In-House Lawyer, Fifth Edition, 2021
- Co-Author, “Manuale di Diritto del Lavoro” (Employment and Labour Law General Handbook) – Il Sole 24 Ore, 2019
- Author, “Crisi Aziendale e Rapporto di Lavoro” (Company Crisis and Employment Relationship) – collection of five books, Il Sole 24 Ore, 2018 (this was awarded as Best Book on Employment Law by the Labour Consultants Association of Milan in 2019)
- Author, “Diritto Sindacale – Le Relazioni Industriali dopo il Jobs Act” (Trade Union Law – Industrial Relations after the Jobs Act in Italy) – Il Sole 24 Ore, 2015
- Author, “Licenziamenti Individuali e Collettivi Prima e Dopo il Jobs Act” (Individual and Collective Dismissals Before and After the Jobs Act) – Il Sole 24 Ore, 2015
- Author, “La Nuova Riforma del Lavoro: Licenziamenti Collettivi” (The New Labour Law Reform: Collective Dismissals) – Il Sole 24 Ore, 2014
Angelo Zambelli, Founding and Managing Partner of the firm, is a leading expert in employment law, labour law and industrial relations, as well as in all related labour disputes.
He has in-depth experience in the planning and concrete implementation of extraordinary finance operations and restructuring, reorganisation and downsizing plans of companies belonging to national and international groups.
He works closely with the client, assisting it in the complex activities of managing labour relations and often representing it at the negotiating table.
He flanks his daily forensic duties with the didactive activities thanks to the frequent publication of articles and books for important sector newspapers and publishers such as Il Sole 24 Ore and Wolters Kluwer.
He regularly participates, as a speaker or lecturer, in numerous conferences or courses organised by Il Sole 24 Ore, Synergia, Paradigma, AGI (Associazione Giuslavoristi Italiani), AIDP (Associazione Italiana per la Direzione del Personale), EELA (European Employment Lawyers Association), ABA (American Bar Association), IBA (International Bar Association) and AELC (American Employment Law Council).
He is ranked in the most important international directories (Chambers and Partners, Who’s Who Legal, The Legal 500) as one of the leading players in the field.