- Officer of the International Bar Association, Employment & Industrial Relations Committee
- Member of the Employment Law Association of Ireland
- Member of the European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA)
- Member of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- B (Hons) University of London
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Ireland Law Society of Ireland, 1998
- Investing in Ireland: https://www.lkshields.ie/images/uploads/documents/Investing_in_Ireland_January_2023.pdf
- Auto-Enrolment and Pensions: An Update: https://www.lkshields.ie/news-insights/news/auto-enrolment-and-pensions-an-update
- Probationary Periods – A Testing Time: https://www.lkshields.ie/news-insights/news/probationary-periods-a-testing-time
- How Can Private Companies Incentivise Employees in 2022 and Beyond: https://www.lkshields.ie/news-insights/news/how-can-private-companies-incentivise-employees-in-2022-and-beyond
- Senior Executive Accountability Regime (SEAR): https://www.lkshields.ie/news-insights/publication/senior-executive-accountability-regime-sear
- Aoife is head of LK Shields Employment, Pensions and Employee Benefits Group and has extensive experience in all aspects of employment law, both contentious and non-contentious.
- Aoife provides ongoing support to a range of national and international clients on employment matters and regularly assists clients in developing risk management strategies in respect of employment and litigation issues. She has significant experience in advising on complex and sensitive investigations, employment disputes and negotiating severance arrangements. Aoife has considerable experience advising employers in respect of unfair dismissal claims, employment injunctions, discrimination claims, redundancy issues, the protection of confidential information, disciplinary investigations and related proceedings.
- Aoife has also acted in many high profile employment related disputes involving senior executives and pension and employee benefit related disputes. She regularly represents clients before the WRC and the courts and has extensive experience of successful mediation and dispute resolution.
- Aoife is a regular speaker at seminars and conferences on employment issues and a regular speaker at domestic and international conferences on employment law matters. She has had articles published on employment issues in the national and international press and in legal journals.