- Admitted to the German Bar Association (1998)
- PhD thesis supervised by Prof. Dr. Birk at the Institute for Fiscal Law, Westphalian Wilhelms-University of Münster (1999)
- Own law firm in Münster/Westfalen (1998-2002)
- Certified labor law specialist (2003)
- Lawyer at Haarmann, Hemmelrath & Partner, Berlin and Frankfurt am Main (2003-2005)
- Counsel at Salans LLP, Berlin (2006-2010)
- Counsel at Pusch Wahlig Workplace Law (2010)
- Partner at Pusch Wahlig Workplace Law, Berlin (2011)
Dr. Michael Witteler
- +49 302 062 9530
Berliner Freiheit 2
+49 302 062 9530
- German, English
Dr. Michael Witteler has many years of experience in all areas of employment law. As Head of PWWL’s Data & Privacy Practice Group, his particular focus is on data protection law in connection with employment law.
He advises employers on the wide range of issues relating to the handling of personal employee data, e.g., the permissibility of processing employee data in compliance investigations, the generation of information (Art. 13 / 14 GDPR), the handling of requests for information (Art. 15 GDPR), the generation of deletion concepts (Art. 17 GDPR), data protection impact assessments (Art. 35 GDPR), the handling of data breaches, or the permissibility of transferring data to other group companies, including outside the EU. This also includes drafting agreements with processors or in the context of joint responsibility.
Another focus of his work is the drafting and negotiation of works agreements in connection with the introduction of hardware and software or the use of artificial intelligence (AI). In this context, he represents employers both in negotiations with works councils and in conciliation bodies.
Dr. Michael Witteler regularly lectures and publishes on data protection law topics. Since May 2013, he has been an honorary judge at the Berlin Labor Court.