- Member of National Bar Association of China
- Member of Labour and Social Security Law Committee of Beijing Lawyers’ Association
- Committee Member of Beijing Labour and Social Security Law Society
- Specially Recommended Lawyer in employment area by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019
- Tier 1 Lawyer in employment area by Legalband 2017, 2018, 2019
- Recommended Lawyer in employment area (PRC Firms) by Chambers in 2017
- Recommended Lawyer in employment area by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016, 2017
- Leading Lawyer in employment area (PRC Firms) by Chambers 2016
- Outstanding Labor Law Lawyer by Kluwer China’s China Talents Award 2015
- Leading Lawyer at a Band-One Law Firm in Labor Law are in the P.R.C. by Chambers 2015, 2016
- Rising Star in Labor & Employment area by China Law & Practice 2014, 2015
- Beijing Excellent Labor Law Lawyer by Beijing Lawyers’ Association in 2013
- Labor Law Guideline (for Beijing) (As a co-writer written in 2008)
- The Cases Record of Chinese Lawyers (10th) – Labor & Employment Law (As a co-writer written in 2004)
Ms. Duan joined Zhong Lun as a partner in April 2013. Her main practice areas include employment law, social security law and trade union law. Ms. Duan has been providing professional services regarding labour and employment law for over 18 years, and she is experienced in both advisory services and labour dispute resolutions. Ms. Duan’s service covers a full range of employment law practice, including, without limitation, representing clients in labour dispute arbitration and litigation; reviewing and revising HR documents; designing and establishing employee transfer/placement and compensation plans in employers’ IPO, restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, winding-up, bankruptcy and registration/cancellation of enterprises, and assisting and guiding employers to implement such plans; formulating downsizing plans; conducting employment/HR due diligence and assessing labour costs under all types of investment strategies; assisting and guiding employers to establish trade union and employees congress; and representing clients in collective bargaining.
Ms. Duan has developed a comprehensive knowledge and deep understanding of the legislation, enforcement and application of P.R.C. labour laws and regulations. She participates in relevant legislation and thereby keeps up with legislative trends, aware of first-hand information, and accurately grasps the legislative spirit and purposes. Therefore, she can predict legal risks under different economic environments and employment policies, formulate the most effective solutions for clients by taking existing laws and legislative trends into account. Moreover, she has solid industry knowledge in legal areas of securities and asset disposal (including equity investment, fund set-up, IPO, listed companies’ refinancing and M&A), and in light of characteristics of different modes of asset disposal and capital operation, she provides clients with feasible and tailored employment plans and outplacement plans.