- Law Society of Ontario
- The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers (USA)
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE)
- Human Resources Professionals Association
- Call to the Bar, Ontario – 1985
- University of Toronto, Bachelor of Laws
- College Militaire Royal de Saint-Jean
Canadian Collective Bargaining Law: Principles and Practice
Employment Litigation Manual
Halsbury’s Laws of Canada (Labour)
Annual Quick Reference Guides (Carswell):
- Canada Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
- Ontario Human Rights Code
- Ontario Workplace Safety and Insurance Act
- Ontario Labour Relations Act
- Canada Labour Code
- Canadian Human Rights Act
- Managing Your Unionized Workplace
- Managing Your Union-Free Workplace
- Investigating Harassment in the Workplace
- HR Manager’s Guide to Health and Safety
- Workplace Safety and Insurance – Employer’s Guide
Jamie G. Knight
- +1 416 408 5509
Bay Adelaide Centre
333 Bay Street
Suite 2500 Box 44
+1 647 797 4471
- English, French
Jamie is the Firm’s Managing Partner, working out of both the Hamilton and Toronto offices. He has more than 35 years of experience representing management in labour and employment law.
Jamie regularly appears before the courts, arbitration boards, and federal and provincial labour relations tribunals, as well as before adjudicators in human rights, employment standards and health and safety matters. He has extensive experience in collective bargaining and in guiding employers through the process of responding to union organizing campaigns.
Jamie’s clients operate in various sectors, including manufacturing, municipal, health care, entertainment, and financial and other services.
Jamie is a Fellow of the American College of Labor and Employment Lawyers. Jamie was named by Best Lawyers as the Lawyer of the Year for his work in Labour and Employment Law in Hamilton for both 2019 and 2021. In 2017, he was named the Canadian HR Reporter 2017 Employment Lawyer of the Year, as selected by Canadian Lawyer Magazine.