- Law Society of Ontario
- Hamilton Lawyers’ Club
- Hamilton Law Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE)
- University of Western Ontario, Bachelor of Laws
- McMaster University, Bachelor of Science (Biology) (Honours)
Readers’ Choice 2019 – Best Employment Lawyer – Platinum Winner
- Accommodation Issues in the Workplace; Toronto: CHH Canadian Limited (Co-author)
- Up in Smoke: Weed in the Workplace and What Employers Need to Know; Workforce Planning Hamilton (Presenter), January 2019
- Navigating Employment Standards Issues – Complaints and Changes Your Workplace Needs To Be Aware Of; Human Resources Professionals Association 2018 HR Law Conference (Presenter), October 2018
- OPSOA Mentoring Coaching Symposium (Presenter), January 2017
- Strategies for Conducting Effective Workplace; 3rd Annual 2016 Hot Button HR Legal Issues for Education Professionals (Presenter), April 2016
- Developments in Supreme Court of Canada Doctrines – Duplicative Proceedings and Issue Estoppel since Danyluk; Ontario Bar Association 12th Annual Current Issues in Employment Law (Presenter), May 2014
- Disability Management in an Aging Workforce; Hamilton Law Association 10th Annual Emerging Issues in Employment Law (Presenter), January 2013
Jane M. Gooding is a partner in the Hamilton office of Filion Wakely Thorup Angeletti LLP. Jane practices exclusively in labour, employment, health and safety, human rights and disability law. She primarily advises clients on a range of issues such as wrongful dismissals, human rights claims, employment standards obligations, labour grievances, employment contracts and workplace harassment. She has appeared as lead counsel in cases before private arbitrators, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Divisional Court, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal and the Ontario Labour Relations Board.
Jane works with both private and public sector employers. Jane has extensive experience in providing advice to and advocating for clients in the retail, manufacturing, education and healthcare sectors.
Jane received her Bachelor of Science (Biology) (Honours) from McMaster University prior to attending law school at the University of Western Ontario, when she was called to the Ontario Bar in 2006.
Jane has spoken on all areas of human rights, labour and employment law at the request of various third parties, including the Hamilton Law Association, Ontario Bar Association and the Human Resources Professionals Association. Jane is the past Chair of the Today’s Family Board of Directors and past Board member of the Hamilton Health Sciences Volunteer Association. She sat on the YWCA Hamilton Women of Distinction Committee in several recent years. Jane is a member of the Hamilton Law Association.