- Admitted to the German Bar Association
- Certified labour and employment law specialist (2010)
- Member of the labour law working group in the German Lawyer Association, the European Employment Lawyers Association and the German Labour Court Association
- Listed by Best Lawyers since 2015
- Listed by The Legal 500 since 2018
- Listed by Chambers since 2013
Verena Braeckeler-Kogel is a partner at Pusch Wahlig Workplace Law based in Cologne, Germany.
Verena’s legal practice encompasses all matters of individual and collective labour law. She has particular experience in advising national and international clients in the fields of M&A transactions, restructuring including collective redundancies, plant closures and relocations as well as transfer of undertakings. Another focus of her work is the advice on day-to-day labour law matters. She has particular expertise in the bank and financial service sector, where she also has experience in drafting and implementing remuneration strategies and plans, against the background of regulatory requirements.
Verena joined Pusch Wahlig Workplace Law as a partner in 2018. Before joining the firm, she was the head of the German employment law practice of Simmons & Simmons LLP. Verena gained inhouse experience through a six-month secondment as legal counsel of a US insurer where she built up the German legal department.