L&E Global Webinar: Cross-Border Remote Work, Authorized and Unauthorized – Asia-Pacific
Date: Thursday, 25 February 2021
Time: Two options-
• 3 p.m. China time / 6 p.m. Australia Eastern time » Register!
• 6 p.m. CET / noon Eastern time » Register!
Your employees suddenly turn up in a foreign country or exotic locale without management knowledge or approval carrying out remote work from their laptops, and intend to remain indefinitely. Or an employee wishes to return to his or her native country to spend extended time with family during the COVID-19 crisis. What issues of work authorization, permanent establishment tax exposure, local social security requirements, cross-border employment law, workplace injury, and security of electronic communications arise, and how can they be handled? How can we establish a uniform approach to cross-border remote work, which both treats employees equitably and protects the company from exposures which it has no business interest in incurring. In this webinar a panel will discuss the challenges for companies when employees request to work from another country and share best practices.
We invite you to view the final presentation of this webinar by clicking on the icon below:
• Avik Biswas (IndusLaw in India)
• Bernadette How (Clyde & Co Clasis in Singapore)
• Emma Pritchard (Harmers Workplace Lawyers in Australia)
• Tatsuo Yamashima (Atsumi & Sakai in Japan)
• Yinbing Chen (Zhong Lun Law Firm in China)
Moderator: John Sander (Jackson Lewis in USA)