Harmers Workplace Lawyers is recognised as one of the leading employment law practices in Australia. The firm focuses on innovative, high-quality problem solving and a preventive approach to law across all areas of employment, safety and labour law. We act for businesses of all sizes, from international and ASX 100 listed companies to start-ups and SMEs; financial institutions; government and public sector companies; unions and associations; and non-profit organisations. We also act for high-net-worth individuals and senior executives. The firm’s aim is to implement workplace fairness for all, and we commit to this not just through assisting all sides of the employment relationship, but by running test cases when there is a need to challenge the law. Harmers has also run some of Australia’s landmark cases in employment law and discrimination.
International recognition and awards
- 2023 Australasian Law Awards “Employment Law Specialist Firm of the Year”
- 2023 & 2022 Australasian Law Awards “Employment Law – Excellence Award”
- 2022 HRD magazine’s HR Service Provider Awards “Employment Law Medal Winner
- 2022 & 2021 Australasian Lawyer “Top Boutique Law Firm List”
- 2021 Australasian Lawyer “5-Star Employment Law Firm”2021 Australian Lawyers Weekly “Boutique Law Firm of the Year”
- 2020 Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards “Employment & Workplace Relations Team of the Year”
- Harmers’ lawyers are consistently ranked in international directories; and the firm is recommended for labour and employment law in Australia.
Historical people management awards
- Australasian Law Awards “Diversity Initiative of the Year – Excellence Award”
- Australasian Law Awards “Corporate Citizen Firm of the Year – Excellence Award”
- The Australian Lawyers Weekly “Boutique Diversity Law Firm of the Year”
- The Euromoney “Best Firm in Sydney for Women in Business Law“
- Workplace Excellence” Award from the Victorian government
- An Award for “Innovative Contribution to HR” from the Australian Institute of Management (AIM)
- The Australian Human Resources Institute Award for “Excellence in People Management”, and
- Ranked as high as the number 4 business in the country in the “Work/Life Initiative in Australian Industry” survey.