Admitted to the Dutch Bar Association and the Amsterdam Bar Association.
- Post-graduate course in employment law
- University of Amsterdam: Master in civil law
- University of Maryland
After his studies Christiaan Oberman worked for high profile law firms before co-founding Palthe Oberman, the first employment law boutique in the Netherlands.
Chambers & Partners 2022 for Employment: the team is “clear in its communication.”
Legal 500 in 2022 for Employment – Client testimonials:
- ‘High quality specialism in complex employment cases’
- ‘A combination of a personal approach to the client’s problem with high level specialist expertise’
- ‘Very approachable and communicative’
Christiaan Oberman regularly publishes on a variety of employment law topics, among others:
- ‘Employment Law Chronicle 2020’, Advocatenblad 2020 (overview of the most important developments in employment law in the journal of the Netherlands National Bar Association).
- “Corona Crisis and the Workplace – Update 27 March, Are employees entitled to continued payment of wages if the work cannot be performed due to the COVID-19 crisis?”
- ‘Employment Law Chronicle 2019’, Advocatenblad 2019 (overview of the most important developments in employment law in the journal of the Netherlands National Bar Association).
- + 31 203 446 101
Prins Hendriklaan 17
+31 203 446 100
- Dutch, English, German
Apart from employment law, Christiaan Oberman also specialises in public service law. He advises both Dutch and international companies, including various listed companies and (semi-) public bodies. He is mainly involved in advising Boards of Directors and Supervisory Boards. He also assists management boards and HR departments in reorganisations. In addition, he assists statutory directors and directors.
Publications, teaching and memberships
Christiaan teaches employment law to trainee lawyers in the context of their professional training (VSO) and delivers lectures and courses in that area. He also regularly publishes articles on employment law topics. Each year, he writes the Employment Law Chronicle for the Dutch Bar Journal (Advocatenblad), with the most important decisions in the area of employment law. Besides, he is a Board member of the European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA) and a member of the Board of Discipline.
In addition, Christiaan has been involved in the work of War Child since its foundation.
Chambers and Legal 500 recommend Christiaan for consecutive years:
- “strategic, highly skilled and technical” lawyer – Chambers & Partners
- “very good negotiator.” – Legal 500
- “his ability to build relationships with key internal stakeholders.” – Chambers & Partners
- “attentive to detail and service-focused,” – Chambers & Partners 2022