7. Best Practices
Tips, recommendations and common pitfalls.
- Obtain legal advice as soon as possible and if necessary, financial advice.
- Review contracts of employment, industrial instruments, and statutory obligations, as well as any policies or documents such as handbooks to ensure compliance.
- Ensure they consult with employees about change (including consultation with unions where applicable).
- Ensure compliance with Work Health and Safety obligations.
- Ensure compliance with any public health orders or regulations.
- Implement any changes necessary to ensure compliance and safety as identified.
- Ensure proper support for employees, including assistance programs generally, counselling, financial advice, health advice etc as appropriate to the workforce.
Disclaimer: We note that nothing in this FAQ article constitutes legal advice. Anybody wishing to obtain specific guidance in relation to their circumstances should seek advice from a qualified legal practitioner and not rely on this article.
© Copyright Harmers Workplace Lawyers 2020. All rights reserved. No part of this alert may be reproduced, in whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without the prior written consent of Harmers Workplace Lawyers.