Leaders in Labor and Immigration Law
Specialised legal services
De La Vega & Martínez Rojas, S.C. is integrated by a group of Mexican attorneys with comprehensive professional experience. Moreover, we are devoted to the provision of legal counselling on labour and employment, social security and immigration matters. Whereas our offices are headquartered in Mexico City with a network of correspondents, in order to provide our clients specialised legal services throughout the country.
Our legal team is composed of three partners plus thirty attorneys and paralegals. They have considerable expertise in individual and collective issues, which enables us to offer our clients integral knowledge and innovative perspectives for both the prevention of, and solution to, labour conflicts. In addition, we have established a strong working relationship with institutions and labour authorities at the federal and local levels. Also, we work closely and often with international organisations, pioneering satisfactory outcomes for our clients. Chambers and Partners, Best Lawyers, Who’s Who Legal and The Legal 500 are among the many industry insiders praising the firm and its partners.
People of De La Vega & Martinez Rojas
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- International Bar Association (IBA), former Co-Chair of the Employment and Industrial Relations Law Committee
- Global Employment Institute of the International Bar Association, Vice-Chair for Multinationals
- Mexican Institute of Finance Executives (IMEF) and former Co-President of the Human Capital Committee
- Universidad Panamericana, Law Degree
- Universidad Panamericana L.L.M. Labor Law
- Who’s Who Legal recognized him as one of the Top Ten Most Experienced and Recognized Labor Attorneys in the world and the only Mexican on the list in 2012.
- Who’s Who Legal named him as in Best Lawyers Mexico edition in 2014 and 2015.
- Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA) list of recommended lawyers for 2015.
- Chambers Latin America, as one of the Leading Lawyers in Labor Law in Mexico.
He has written several articles on labor law. Many such articles have been featured in international publications including Who’s Who Legal, Practical Law Company (PLC) and Getting the Deal Through.
Oscar De La Vega Gomez
Oscar De La Vega is an employment and labour law attorney with over 30 years of experience and leadership in the sector. His practice is focused on labour litigation and consulting for major multinational companies, and developing and implementing successful strategies in collective labour. He was one of the most influential labour experts involved with amending the New Mexican Labour Law Act, a reform to the Federal Labour Law that had not seen such significant changes in more than 40 years.
Publications from Mexico
- Confederation of Industrial Chambers of Mexico (CONCAMIN), Vice-President of Social Security
- Mexican Bar Association (BMA), Vice-President of Labor and Social Security Committee
- American Chamber of Commerce in Mexico, Member of the Labor Committee
- Business Coordinating Council (CEE), President of the Labor Committee
- Universidad Panamericana, Dr. iur.
- Escuela Libre de Derecho, L.L.M. Labor Law
Ricardo Martinez Rojas
With more than 30 years of experience, Dr. Ricardo Martinez Rojas specializes in labour law and social security, focusing on labour negotiations and company restructuring. His experience and expertise in local and international legislation includes providing major national and transnational companies with consulting services on matters ranging from hiring employees to labour litigation and at the highest level.
He is also a Professor at the Universidad Anahuac, where he teaches Business Law to Juris Doctorate Students and is also a Labour Law professor at Escuela Libre de Derecho.
Publications from Mexico
- Active member of the International Bar Association (IBA).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from the Universidad La Salle.
- Graduate Degree in Commercial Law and International Costs from the Escuela Libre de Derecho.
- From 2004 to date, he has been recognized as one of the best lawyers in Corporate Immigration by Who’s Who Legal.
He has written several articles on immigration matters, such as La Contratación de Personal Extranjero por parte de Empresas Mexicanas [Hiring Foreign Personnel by Mexican Companies]. He is a frequent speaker on this topic and has been invited by several international and national universities and organizations, such as the Instituto Técnico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey and the Instituto Superior de Comercio.
Edgar Mayorga Compean
Leading Partner in Immigration Law and Non-litigious Administrative Law at De La Vega & Martinez Rojas, S.C., a leading Law Firm specializing in labour and immigration matters, and the only representatives in Mexico of L&E Global.
Expert in immigration law
Expert in corporate immigration of foreign personnel assigned to Mexico, with over 20 years’ experience and leadership in this sector. He has developed a significant level of knowledge in handling visas and other types of immigration permits (temporary residency for work or for students).
His expertise also includes non-profit activities, obtaining and processing of some citizenships, among other key activities. His advisory has involved employees as individuals as well as the transfer of their families to Mexico.
Publications from Mexico
Chambers & Partners 2022 – Band 3 – Labour and Employment
Legal 500 in 2022 – Tier 2 – Employment
- “I have my own equipment and pay for my utilities”: The light and the dark of the reform on home office
17 January 2022
- 3-2-2 work model, the trend for getting around the home office reform
12 January 2022
- We talk about the reality of teleworking
28 December 2021
- Voluntary mapping of Covid vaccination in companies is proposed
21 October 2021
- The XXXIII Symposium organized by the IMEF 2021 is a complete success
24 September 2021
- What is the trend on contract salary reviews in the upcoming months?
17 September 2021
- Teleworking, 9 months after the reform; is it good for companies? By Jimena Sánchez
13 September 2021
Jimena Adriana Sánchez Argoytia
Graduated as a lawyer from the Universidad Iberoamericana; has a profound professional experience specializing in litigation, coordination of correspondents and mass terminations. She has represented national and multinational companies before the labor authorities and currently collaborates at De La Vega & Martínez Rojas, S.C.